Wednesday 27 June 2012

What's my MTV?

This is a note that I'd pushed out when we repositioned MTV from pure play music to youth entertainment and changed graphics, added new shoes, changed stationery, hell, even the furniture! An email to the team to set up the tone for way forward.
----------------
It’s difficult to define an icon that’s defined an entire generation. But each one has his / her version… so what’s My MTV?

My MTV’s beyond Music.

Born of music, inspired by music, driven by music – but not limited by music.

My MTV’s beyond Television.
New ideas, new formats, new ways of reaching people in the new places they choose to live in.

As the Semi Girebaal ringtone on your phone, the Roadies Cargoes on your butt, the music store online.

My MTV’s the universe of the young.
Made of them, for them, almost by them – with elements & expressions unique to their world.

If you see it scrawled on their classroom desks, you’ll see it hangin’ on our walls; if it’s going on in their heads, you’ll hear it in our environment. Doodles, tattoos, graffiti, whispers, scraps…

My MTV’s the authentic voice of the audience.

Everything we do communicates & connects them to us.
Not just the shows we air, but the ads we run, the celebrities we feature, the music we promote on stage, online, the team we are.

My MTV’s speaking a language that has meaning for our audience.
Not their parents.
Definitely not their teachers.

My MTV is – take no bullshit.
Our audience trusts us because we won’t lie to them. We won’t candy coat. We won’t put lipstick on a pig.
My MTV gives it to them straight. That’s why they come to us. That’s why we go to them wherever, whenever and however they want to talk to us.

My MTV’s looking up to our audience’s potential.
Not down on their limitations.

My MTV’s the original community.

My MTV’s everything new.
Ideas, formats, people, technology, products, what’s going on, the hottest, the latest, the newest.

My MTV is about constant change. And the courage to throw it away and make it new and important again.

My MTV’s the front door to everything that’s possible.
There’s an entry point for every individual, department, channel, our audience and our partners. As we constantly change with the landscape, our definition expands to include everyone that comes of age with MTV.

My MTV’s about Shahrukh & Shakira.
Bappi & Bono.
Himesh & Hip Hop.
Mia & Semi.
Odd couples flourish in our land. Fixed perspectives, standard interpretations, and old prejudice cannot survive.

My MTV is a willingness to synthesize, explore, embrace opposites. Rather than conflict or clash, our audience embraces this diversity as richness and texture and variety. One modifies, amplifies and inflects the other.

My MTV’s freedom.

Ready to break things, make mistakes and launch ideas that might not work.

My MTV is inventive anarchy that perpetually recharges the battery of our culture; and joy and energy and love and passion and heart and soul.

My MTV’s motherfucking fun.

It’s My MTV!

Ladies & Gentlemen: Rock & Roll.
Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment